- Region 6 Assembly Convention Committee is a Region 6 Assembly standing committee
- Established by Policy number 006 – Conventions of the Region 6 Bylaws
- The purpose of the Assembly Convention Committee is to:
- Encourage and actively solicit R6 Intergroups and members to host conventions as a means of furthering OA unity, fellowship and carrying the OA message of recovery.
- Help ensure compliance with R6 Policy and OA Traditions as they relate to R6 Conventions.
- Raise funds, through Conventions, to ensure R6 stays financially sound.
- Serve as a repository for critical information relative to recent past R6 Conventions.
Assembly Convention Committee is different from the Hosting Convention Committee
Hosting Convention Committee is the committee formed by Region 6 members, local Intergroups and/or local groups for the purpose of planning, organizing and carrying out a Region 6 convention.
The Region 6 Assembly Convention Committee is responsible for:
- Assuring compliance with Policy number 006 – – Conventions, and any other applicable Region 6 policies.
- Reviewing convention proposals and make a recommendation, in the form of a motion, to be approved by vote by of the Region representatives at the Assembly.
Assembly Convention Committee meetings:
- The Assembly Convention Committee meets during sessions of the Region 6 Assemblies.