The OA Region Six Spring 2018 Assembly is scheduled for Saturday, April 14 and will be held at the Radisson Hotel Albany at Wolf Road, 205 Wolf Road, Albany, NY 12205.
We encourage everyone attending to register online through the link below.
Online registration is the only method by which R6 can guarantee that you will receive the catered buffet lunch, if Register with Lunch is selected.
- ALL ATTENDEES (including non-working guests!) may Register with Lunch online. There is a $10 charge per person for the catered buffet lunch (Register with Lunch); R6 is subsidizing the balance of the cost of lunch.
- There is also an option to Register without Lunch at no cost, for those who wish to eat elsewhere or bring their own lunch; however, only attendees who Register with Lunch will be admitted to the Atrium dining area.
- Lunch registration payments are non-refundable.
- Substitutions for Representatives may also be made online no later than Monday, April 9, 2018 at 9:00AM EDT should you be unable to attend.
- Registrations may be made in person the day of Assembly, however, each person who wishes to register the day of Assembly shall give the Coordinator a signed statement from their IG Chair or other Officer (either hard copy or via email – digital signature is acceptable) – stating that he/she is a duly elected or appointed Representative/Alternate of his/her Intergroup or unaffiliated group.
- The catered buffet lunch IS NOT AVAILABLE to those who register on-site. There is a restaurant on-site and other restaurants within walking distance.
Everyone attending the Assembly should check in with the Coordinator at the Registration Desk on the day of Assembly, prior to entering the meeting room.
You must register for THIS ASSEMBLY, even if you were a registered Representative or Alternate for previous R6 Assemblies.
Online registration opens on Februar 1st and closes on Monday, April 9 at 9:00AM EDT
Online registration is the only method by which R6 can guarantee that you will receive the catered lunch.
- Catered lunch is not available after Monday, April 9, 9:00 AM EDT when online registration closes.
- A hospitality room will be available for those wishing to bring a bagged lunch since only those who have registered with lunch will be admitted into the Atrium dining area.
Intergroup Document Submission Deadline – Tuesday, February 13, 2018
This is the deadline date for the following documents to be received by the Region 6 Coordinator. Go to Assembly Documents to find application forms for any of the following:
- Travel Scholarship Applications to send your representatives(s) to the Assembly (for eligible Intergroups)
- Public Information/Professional Outreach Blitz Proposals
- Bylaw/Policy Amendments
- New Business Motions
Assembly Packet Deadline – Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Region 6 Assembly packets will be emailed to all Intergroups. The packet will include the minutes and committee reports from Fall Assembly 2017, an agenda and potentially, consideration of new business motions or amendments that are received.
THE ASSEMBLY PACKET WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE ON THE R6 WEBSITE AFTER THIS DATE.
Hotel Information and Deadline – Friday March 23, 2018, 3:00 PM
This is the last date to make room reservations at the group rate of US$124* at the Radisson Hotel Albany at Wolf Road (*per night/per room for either two queen beds or one king bed, single or double occupancy; rates are subject to NYS and local taxes). After this date, the hotel will extend their best available rate to you
Rooms have been reserved for Friday, April 13 and Saturday, April 14; We have requested as many rooms as possible to have refrigerators. Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and check-out time is 12:00 p.m.
The hotel offers complimentary shuttle transportation to and from the Albany International Airport for overnight guests, and there is complimentary on-site self-parking. There is no shuttle available from the train or bus stations.
Important information on hotel reservation procedure—please read carefully
Upon landing at the Radisson Hotel Albany reservation page using the button below, enter check-in and check-out dates (limited to April 13 and April 14 only)
- Enter check-in and check-out dates (limited to Friday, Sept 15 and/or Saturday, Sept 16)
- Enter number of rooms/adults
- Click on More Search Options
- Click on the Rate Type pull-down bar and select Promotional Code REGSIX under Enter Code or ID
- Click on Check Rooms & Rates
If you require dates on either side of the contracted dates, please call 1-800-333-3333 to make your reservation; mention Promotion Code “Region 6 Overeaters Anonymous Block” to receive your Region Six Group Rate discount for the two days for which we have contracted.
There are three options for breakfast at the hotel restaurant (following are list prices, current as of this mailing and do not include tax or tip): a continental breakfast for US$7.95, a buffet breakfast for US$12.95 or you may order off of the menu.
- Friday, April 13 at 8:15 p.m. there is a regular OA meeting at the hotel, ending no later than 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 14 at 7:30 a.m. there is a regular OA meeting ending promptly at 8:30 a.m.
- First Time Rep/Working Guest Registration is held from 8:45 a.m. – 8:59 a.m. outside the Albany Ballroom.
- An excellent orientation presented by Karin H, our Region 6 Trustee, immediately follows at 9:00 a.m. in the Touhey Boardroom and all New Reps are expected to attend; it is designed to make your first assembly experience as easy and fruitful as possible.
- General registration opens at 9:00 a.m. for returning Representatives.
Please forward information for your upcoming events (for OA holidays, retreats, PI outreach etc.) to the webmaster for updating on our Region Six website. This can be submitted online via this link: Submit Events Here.
Other downloadable forms and the OA R6 Calendar can also be retrieved at OARegion6.org. This is an excellent site for our information and continuity.
Please make sure your Intergroup contact information is up-to-date; the most efficient way to do that is online at the World Service website at Intergroup Registration/Change Online.
Downloadable change forms are also available: Intergroup Registration/Change Form. Once you have completed the change form (online or printed copy mailed to WSO), please forward the change information to me via email (Coordinator@OARegion6.org) or by mail (address below).
As a reminder, we encourage on-line 7th Tradition contributions to Region 6 http://oaregion6.org/en/about-2/contributions-new/ and World Service for reasons of both improved security and efficiency. You are, of course, still most welcome to mail in your group donations. Please ensure that you are mailing your check to the correct address for the Region 6 Treasurer:
Region 6 Treasurer
Peabody, Mass 01960
I look forward to seeing you all!
In Grateful Service,
Region Six Coordinator
PO Box 761
South Salem, NY 10591