The purpose of the Intergroup Forum is to build community, to make connections with other members giving service in the Region and in our intergroups, a way to stay in touch and to learn from each other’s successes and struggles.
The 2023 IG Forum calendar can be found here.
To be added to the email list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage your intergroup to post this information about the Intergroup Forums on your website; all members are welcome.
- Presentations, where available, are linked where mentioned below. If no presentation is available, we note that.
- Presentations are current as of the date of the presentation.
- Presentations are in chronological order (most recent on top)
- General Discussion; 8/27/2023; Carmen (R6 Chair) and Beth (R6 Trustee Liaison) [no presentation document]
- Details on how Ocean and Bay IG worked with the World Service Office to clean up their meetings listed on oa.org; 7/23/2023; Ocean and Bay IG [presentation document] forthcoming
- General Discussion; 6/25/2023; Carmen (R6 Chair) and Kimberly (R6 Vice-Chair) [no presentation document]
- Applying for Public Information (PI) Blitz funding; 5/26/2023; Kimberly (R6 Vice-Chair) and Blair (R6 Secretary) [presentation document forthcoming]
- April; no IG Forum because of World Service Business Conference
- Discussion on attracting members to do service; 3/26/2023; Carmen (R6 Chair) and Beth (R6 Trustee Liaison) [no presentation document]
- General Discussion; 2/26/2023; Carmen (R6 Chair) and Beth (R6 Trustee Liaison) [no presentation document]
- Gas Pump Ads and other PIPO projects; 1/22/2023; Diana T. (Westchester United IG)
- General Discussion and vote on 2023 dates; 11/27/2022; Carmen (R6 Chair) and Beth (R6 Trustee Liaison) [no presentation document]
- Sponsorship presentation with resources; 10/30/2022; Sinde K. (R6 Twelfth Step Within Committee)
- Public Information and Professional Outreach presentation; 9/25/2022; Bruce P. and Blair P. (R6 PIPO Committee)
- General discussion on solving problems and challenges; 8/28/2022; Carmen (R6 Chair) and Kimberly (R6 Vice Chair) [no presentation document]
- Fall IG renewal workshop; 7/24/2022; Mary T. (IG Outreach Committee)
- Difference between affiliation, non-affiliation, and participation of groups and intergroups; 6/26/2022; Beth (R6 Trustee Liaison)
- Parliamentary procedures, including quorum, motions, and amendments; 5/22/2022; Bob F. (Parliamentarian – Zoom presentation) and Anne Warner (Parliamentarian – written presentation)
- Sponsor Banks; 3/27/2022; Susan C. (R6 Twelfth Step Within Committee)
- BOT Restructuring presentation; 2/27/2022; Beth (R6 Trustee Liaison), Carmen (R6 Chair), and Letitia M. (Trustee and Chair of the BOT Ad Hoc Restructuring Committee)
- Billboards for Public Information; 1/23/2022; Kathy S. (South Eastern Connecticut IG) and Kimberly C. (Connecticut IG)
- General discussion and vote on 2022 dates; 11/27/2021; Carmen (R6 Chair) and Beth (R6 Trustee Liaison) [no presentation document]
- Google Ads and Analytics presentation; 10/30/2021; Nancy G-P (MetroWest IG)
- Unity with Diversity: how to be welcoming to all in meetings; 10/2/2021; JP M and Rebecca B (Greater NY Metro IG)
- Newcomer retention on videoconferencing platform; how to attract and retain newcomers; 7/24/2021; Nassau County IG, Connecticut IG, and Metrowest IG
- Public Service Announcements; 6/26/2021; Nance W (Green Mountain North IG)
- General discussion on service burnout; 5/29/2021; Carmen (R6 Chair) and Beth (R6 Trustee Liaison) [no presentation document]
- Transition with the Traditions; 5/1//2021; Cape Cod IG
- Hybrid meetings; 3/27/2021; Claire M. (Nassau County IG) [1 document titled 2021-3-27 Hybrid etc.] Note that the presentation was updated as of 6/5/2021.
- Meeting to plan IG Forums; 1/30/2021; Carmen (R6 Chair) and Beth (R6 Trustee Liaison) [no presentation document]
- Presentation on adding Events to the OA Website; Chuck (Web and Pub) [presentation outdated]